Low Carb Pumpkin Marscapone Creme
Keto Pumpkin Marscapone Creme featuring Snickerdoodle Gra-POW! Cookie Granola!
Our cookie granola can be quite versatile. You can use it to top all sorts of things, but with pumpkin season upon us, I wanted to create something different from the typical cereal/cookies-and-milk, or granola-and-yogurt, thing. This sure fits the bill! It's not dairy-free, but if you don't have a problem with that, try it out!
Like a deconstructed pumpkin cheesecake...It's spicy, creamy, crunchy, chewy, sweet, and salty - all in one, low carb dessert.
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup marscapone cheese
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sweetener (I used powdered Swerve)
- 1 tsp stevia extract, pure powder or liquid (I used NOW Foods Stevia extract powder)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 6 ounce bag(s) of Gra-POW! Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener, salt, xantham gum, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, whisk together the marscapone cheese, egg yolks, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract, while slowly adding in 1 1/2 cups of the heavy whipping cream.
3. Whisk the mixture for 6-7 minutes, or until it has thickened. Remove from the heat, and once cool enough, place into a refrigerator.
4. Using the remaining heavy whipping cream and a medium mixing bowl, make whipped cream using a hand blender. Add stevia extract liquid or powder at this point. Set the bowl in the refrigerator.
5. Once both mixtures are at about room temperature, gradually fold the pumpkin/cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Transfer it all into whatever sort of dish you will be serving it from/in, and then place back into the fridge to chill.
6. Once chilled, serve it topped with 1/2 ounce of Gra-POW! Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola. And you can add more if you like!
This recipe makes 12 servings.